Monday, November 4, 2019

There is life after denim :-)

Hot pants or chub rub? No matter how much I spent for a pair of jeans, or if the fabric is sturdy or not - sooner or later my jeans will fray between my thighs. Mostly I repair them with lots of love and matching thread and wear them on dog walks until they are totally done. 

And then? A waste to dump them on one hand, fabric unsuitable to be turned into dish cloths on the other, but there are options. Let me show you some ideas... 

First thing which comes to my mind are pouches in all variations. Finished quickly, with multi-usage and always a nice gift (and on picture no. 2 I also gave zipper ends a second home):




And yes, I already know that there is room for improvement picturewise...


Mobiles and stuffies are also a good idea:



Even aprons I sewed in all different variations:




Last year I turned all the left-over pockets into dog toy turtles and donated them to the local animal food bank. They were delighted. The legs were transformed into an armload of toy bones and I donated them, as well. But unfortunately I realized that I didn't take any pictures of them. Bummer.




As we are lucky to have a fireplace, we surely needed a glove - may I introduce:
baby shark! 


And last but not least the mother of all fabric scraps - quilts:






No comments:

Post a Comment