Monday, November 4, 2019

Falling for fall

In my eyes, pumpkins are a typical fall vegetable, but to be honest, apart from a few experiments with spaghetti squash and butternut I mostly made Hokkaido cream soup - no peeling, you name it. But that's not very spectacular and in addition, my significant other is no soup fan. Thus I was in need of alternative ideas.

Eager to find something new I checked a large German recipe database and everything I tried will find its way into my personal cook book.


Oven-baked Hokkaido stuffed with gnocchi, bell-peppers and broccoli.

Stir-fried veggies containing sweet potatoes, potatoes, leek, turnip and Hokkaido sprinkled with chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds. Little bit of snipping to do, but totally worth it. 


Pizza without tomato sauce but with pears, leak and Camembert cheese. Exceptionally no pumpkin but definitely fall-appropriate due to pear and leek. I added chicken salami because it matched well (in colour and in taste), but I am sure that it is as good either with a vegetarian "salami" or completely without. 

And as I traditionally bake a cake for the weekend I searched the database for a fall version - drumroll - a so-called rose cake: 

On the flat dough I spread curd/quark and cranberries and topped them with diced apples and chopped walnuts. Then I rolled the dough and cut thick slices from this roll. Stuffed next to each other in a cake ring these spiraled slices form a rose pattern (at least with some imagination). Beautiful and delicious - I like!





No comments:

Post a Comment