Friday, November 29, 2019

Housekeeping - the struggle is real

Thursdays are usually designated for house cleaning. And I freely admit that I'm not the biggest fan. Fiddling around in the kitchen I like, and ironing and grocery shopping are ok, too, but cleaning… Should be something deeply rewarding as you can see the result of your work instantly, but I am glad any time I completed this task. Splitting it up into single days doesn't work - it's like extracting one tooth a day instead of pulling all teeth at once :-) 

Sometimes when my motivation is on a field trip having fun without me, I watch videos of American housewifes with 8 to 10 kids and how they manage their households. I always tell myself that their houses are so much bigger and such a large family causes so much more chaos, dirt and mess - I should be glad. Two grown-ups, two dogs and a medium sized bungalow, can't be that bad. And usually that works as motivation.

Unless yesterday when procrastination hit me hard. Did you ever think of baking your cookies in a waffle iron instead of an oven? Well I didn't, at least until yesterday. Made the dough, put it in the fridge for 20 minutes, rolled it into balls and squished them into the waffle iron. Pretty fast, pretty different and pretty nice.


As you can see in the second row from above, you have to check them regularly as they are done damn fast! They are kind of crunchy and stay that way when stored in a tin can. But I guess they will be finished quickly because they are really yummy.

So I completed my procrastination project earlier than expected, which left me with more than enough time to engage in cleaning our home. That called for a reward like this: 


Happy thanksgiving and a merry first advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment