Monday, November 25, 2019

Have a good start into the new week, y'all!

Hey, another weekend passed like a whirlwind - maybe because it didn't pour with rain but was nice and sunny for a change.

Saturday I was rather productive - take a twig from the last gardening action, a bit of twine, three bottles of balsamic vinegar (empty, of course) and some artificial eucalyptus which didn't make it into last year's deco wreath and - bazinga! - a nice wall hanger which even is appreciated by hubby! Doesn't fit into the living room but goes perfectly with our basement. And I think some real spring flowers might work pretty well later on.


There is a German tradition: We don't bake much cookies throughout the year, but they are a must have around holiday time. Last year I kind of went over the top - too many types, too large amounts, too much weight on my hips… I wouldn't do completely without but for this season I decided to cut down a bit. Thus I made three kinds of cookies on Saturday: hazelnut macaroons (not free of calories but more or less free of fat - the least I could do), cookies filled with raspberry jelly and the classic vanilla crescents. I only did one portion of each and to get them to last until Christmas I put them away into our basement - out of sight, out of mind (hopefully). And moreover, we didn't have cake to our afternoon coffee, but instead I served a few cookies, apple slices and coffee with cinnamon syrup. Healthy and yummy!


And I tried these little guys - tiny trees out of fabric (like the tape you use for bias binding) and wooden beads - e.g. as gift hangers or tree ornaments; with durable yarn and atoxic wood paint they would even make some nice baby toys. Pretty cute, right?



Fun fact: Do they know it's Christmas turns 35 this year - isn't it amazing?

Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment