Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Hi, Y'all!

Usually I like watching international tournaments like the European or World Soccer Championships, at least when the German team is in the game. But this time I wasn't as involved - until now, and thad is caused by seven colors arranged in a special order...

At first, one had to check if the captain of the German team was allowed to wear his captain's armband in rainbow colors. Yes, he is allowed - but is that in question or has to be subject to investigation, really??? 

And then, some genius had the idea to light up the Munich soccer arena. That specific architectural artwork usually looks - at least in my eyes - as a large truck tyre. But in rainbow colors - awesome, I like that! A bit tricky is only the planned time for this action: Explicitly during the match Germany vs. Hungary the arena should be illuminated as a rainbow. A political issue, while you normally don't mix sports and politics. 

Sure, sports and politics should stay separated, but you can (and maybe should) make a statement against conditions which are not okay - just think of the kneeling players during national anthem in the US. Therefore, I can't understand UEFA's decision, because I regard the rainbow colored stadium as a good sign: for an open and colorful society, against exclusion and for the joy of the game and sports in general. Well, I guess I'm not alone with my opinion, because this decision is criticized by many and you even hear voices wanting that decision board to be eliminated. I keep myself out of this discussion, but I already saw some very nice reactions in the adds this morning (e.g. SIXT and Edeka). 

And in light of this, please find below my personal breakfast rainbow. (Without violet, because that mug already crossed rainbow bridge, unfortunately.)




Usually, I don't speak publicly about socio-political topics. But somehow it is very dear to me. And like you shouldn't think of your parents only on mother's or father's day, you should wave the rainbow flag not only in pride month June, but the whole year long!

Mic drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment