Tuesday, July 13, 2021

From head to toe

 Hi, Y'all!

Long time no see - yep, guilty as charged! But I offer compensation in form of pretty cute pictures, and moreover, some doggie content at the end :-) 

My work team recently got a new member, which means, one of my colleagues is a new father since March. And I established my own tradition of welcoming babies of colleagues with something handmade. But I couldn't decide whether to sew a teddy bear plushie or a bathing blanket or something completely different. I changed my thoughts again and again, had new ideas and threw them away and started all over again.

But then I caught sight of a few skeins of yarn in my stash and just started to crochet. And again, I could not make up my mind what to do and so little man ended up with three hats and three pairs of booties. Now he can be stylish and wrapped nicely from head to toe in three different outfits!

Let's start at the top:


And here in detail - smallest hat, a little doggie:


And then a medium sized polar bear: 


And lastly the largest hat, a funny owl with tilted head:


Now let's turn to the lower end and please find below the smallest shoes, little Vans:  


And then we have classic chucks, made them often and people always liked them:


But if you know me, you also know that my all-time-favorites are the ones with the yellow seam :-) And they inspired me to the following adorable booties - you have to lay a foundation for good taste early, right? 




Aren't they absolutely stinking cute???

And as we are expecting another little tenant in the apartment on the fifth floor I just carried on and made these here for head and toes: 


But now let's come to the promised dog content... It's summer with according temperatures, and our two flat-nosed furry friends can't stand the heat like their long-nosed fellow species. Therefore we have to cater for refreshment... 



Our granny dog doesn't jump into the makeshift pool but tries to drink from it instead :-) But to cool her off, we bought her a cooling mat. 

New objects might be dangerous, therefore, you have to approach them veeery carefully... :-)





But - YAY - she finally made it! 

And I think you can really see how proud she is.


So stick to something, even if it takes more time than planned. :-)


Take care and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment