Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Stay connected

Hi, y'all,

turbulent times… Saturday I cleaned my windows in sunshine and Sunday there was snow in the air… The weather is somehow under the weather - like we all right now. Nevertheless, I hope you and your loved ones are well.

Hubby and I are feeling fine but when I did the weekly grocery shopping on Friday morning (I had one day off to use my last remaining vacation day from 2019) there was security personnel at both supermarkets. That shocked me somehow. Do they assume chaotic situations which require security? I don't want to think that through, to be honest. As a consequence we ordered some seeds and soil from Amazon (thx, Jeff!) and will be growing tomatoes, zucchinis, strawberries, bell peppers and potatoes. That won't make us self-sufficient but it won't hurt either - even when I originally wanted a decorative garden, only. Anyway, in case we don't like the potatoes we will distill Vodka from them!

By the way, I've got a tipp for you: In case you don't know Bluprint (aka Craftsy) - this is a platform for online classes covering all kinds of DIY techniques. Normally you have to purchase one class or pay a monthly fee to be able to watch all classes. Right now (until 9 April) you can watch ALL classes FOR FREE. I already chose some classes for pen calligraphy, sewing jeans and bra construction and will watch them in the next few days.

And regarding "stay connected" I made some (neutral) greeting cards. If the occasion arises I can personalize them, but I have to admit that I currently avoid post offices if I can.

So, let's have a look!

The first card one is with sign posts which fits for male and female recipients. And when I know the event I can label the signs accordingly. 


The next one is adorned with hearts - multi-purpose 
e.g. valentine's day, anniversary or just to send some love. 


The same with this one - kind of farmhouse decor with the gingham
 and it is a bit smaller than the others. 


The main color of this one is silver, and the buntings are highlighted with pastels. Could use that as congrats for new babies but everything else is also possible.


Same principle, different colors - totally different card.


Now a larger card again - more for the girls, I guess. 


With this one I didn't think, just arranged the shapes and colors somewhat nicely. 


Landscape format, multi-purpose. 


With this one I thought the round shape might come in handy 
for a number (e.g. special birthday)


And the last card has five circles perfectly fitting for the word "happy" and in the box below you could add birthday, anniversary, international women's day etc. etc. etc. 


I attached all the elements with some glue which caused the paper to get wavy in some places, but I can't change that now. And in addition, the cards were a bit reluctant when I sewed them with my sewing machine and that I have to accept, too. It's part of the charm I would say.

Well then, I hope I could distract you and spread some positivity.

If you can, please stay home and stay safe!








No comments:

Post a Comment