Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Crisis Management

A friendly hello from my desk at home!


When Heinrich was a puppy, hubby put him on the desk and carried on working while Heinrich was napping. Sometimes that furry guy thinks he is still a puppy but unfortunately he doesn't fit on the desk any longer. At least if I have to work properly. But if I have to proofread something he's at least allowed on my lap. :-)

The current situation surely isn't that easy for a lot of you guys but for us there hasn't been much of a change, in fact. Hubby is in his basement all the time anyway and for me it is working from home 5 days a week instead of only 3. 

Apart from that we go for walkies with the dogs and are very pleased with the nice and sunny weather we are experiencing right now.  What else do we do? 


(Translation: Day 7 in quarantine - I knitted a scarf for hubby.)

We recently started doing sports together. We subscribed to Gabi Fastner's YouTube Channel - she presents various kinds of fitness videos and publishes almost daily. Three times a week we put on our sportswear, stream the video onto our TV, and as we don't have a coffee table we can easily do some sports in the living room without having to move the whole furniture. As far as we can tell, Gabi's doing a pretty good job and we feel already better, fitter and healthier. And I can tell you that: Hubby has some potential for improvement when it comes to aerobics and I am good at stretching, although I am old and chubby :-)

Other than that hubby plays World of Warcraft a lot and I am busy using up all my DIY-stock. I turned various t-shirts we don't like or don't wear into undies, my cardboard will be used as greeting cards step-by-step, and every scrap of fabric which can't be used for a pouch or something similar, will be cut into 3 cm-squares. As soon as I refilled my stock of fusible interfacing I can show you for what I use these squares. All fabric smaller than that comes into my bag of filling/stuffing material.

At the moment I am flooded with fabric sale ads which is understandable because all fabric fairs are cancelled right now and people (or their businesses respectively) have to survive. And I am very tempted to order one fabric or the other… But at the moment I have pretty bare walls in my office and I could do with some artwork there. I heard and watched a lot about pouring lately (a technique where you pour diluted acrylic paint on canvas) and I am wanting to try that for the longest time. And then I stumbled over my good old paint box ( I believe it is still the one I used in school). I have more than enough paper - so I think I could practice some watercolor painting...



And in case someone would like to have a list of my favorite YouTubers, just drop me a note. There are gazillions of awesome channels for sewing, baking, dancing and DIY...

Stay crazy but sane!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment