Thursday, November 17, 2022

The simple things in life...

Hi, Y'all! 

Of course, you can order with Amazon in Malta, but you don't have to. Well, it is possible, but shipping costs are rather high and delivery takes significantly longer than what we are used to in Germany or in the US. Nevertheless you definitely can order online here, you just can't get it at a one stop shop like Amazon, instead you have to find your way through the Malta Virtual Mall unless you find what you're looking for. 

Lately I did exactly that when I needed pet food for Heinrich. Due to the lack of pearly whites he swallows dry food whole and therefore he needs wet food. In Germany we fed him pâté with game in 300 g portions, to which he responded very well. I looked for something similar here and was lucky. But our local supermarket didn't have it in stock, thus I ordered online. Delivery was confirmed for Wednesday until 4 pm, but at 5 pm still no dog food. I called them and was told that the game flavour was out of stock and they had no idea when it will be available again. 

But then I found a teeny tiny pet shop here in Mellieha called Paws'n'Claws - I liked that. Therefore I took my shopping trolley and went to the shop where I was greeted by an English Bulldog girl named Kira - yay! Thus the shop already found my sweet spot. And the dog let me pet her thoroughly and then went down on my foot to sleep and snore :-) I was very tempted to add her to my shopping cart (although she was not for sale!), but then I thought, Heinrich wouldn't be amused... 

The shop owner was very nice and showed my their different dog foods and also recommended some. And I have to say that Heinrich liked it very much and even responded very well to it. I won't go into detail but you know what I mean, Jellybean...

Today I went again to restock, and they remembered me instantly. The pet shop boy asked, if Heinrich liked the food and if everything was fine. I quite liked that. And after checkout he put all my cans in my trolley and even carried it upstairs to street level.

I was very impressed - that was thoughtful, considerate and polite - and that wouldn't have happened if I shopped with Amazon. It's all about these simple things in life, right?


Heinrich did a detailed inspection and was fine with it :-)

Enjoy the simple things, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment