Wednesday, November 30, 2022

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Hi, Y'all! 

It's been exactly one month today, since we've come here to Malta, and I can say that it feels completely right! But in the meantime I've noticed a few more things which are smaller than in Germany: paper towels, toilet paper rolls, our mop, the ironing board and even Christmas trees!

I guess, I already mentioned that our flat is completely furnished including even a Christmas tree. When our landlords told me about it I was pretty happy, because I gave back our former tree to the original owners (my sister and her hubs) and thought I'd have to buy a new one. But last week, our landlords (fun fact: Mary and Joseph) came by and surprised us by personally delivering our tree!


Compared to the wine shelf you can see that it is on the smaller side... But don't look a gift horse in the mouth... Thus I took all the ornaments that made it into our moving van and busily decorated for an hour or so. And this is the little one all dressed up:


Cute as a (very small) button, right? But as I was in the mood for decorating, I decided to make some more ornaments. And because I packed only two boxes of Christmas decorations, there was room for some more... Thus I took some very old and scattered school books and recycled them into beautiful ornaments. In theory I could have hung them into the tree, but due to its size, I opted against. 

I started with simple stars which I cut from a few pages of the book and adorned them with snowflakes: 


After cutting, I was left with some paper strips which I stapled to heart hangers. Would even be nice for Valentine's day. 


Then I made this cute little Christmas tree which I absolutely love:


But what's a winter decoration without stars and snowflakes? Therefore, I made a few of them in various shapes and sizes: 







As I said, they didn't fit into my tree, and so I hung them as garlands like this: 




And on that note I wish you a happy first advent, Y'all!











No comments:

Post a Comment