Monday, January 13, 2020

Life's what happens when you're busy making plans...

Hi, y'all!

Hope your weekend was as relaxing as mine!

After the usual business of cleaning and groceries I recently started struggling with my dryer. Sometimes it has other plans than me and as a result I have to hang my clothes on the line to get them dry. Of course this is possible and sustainable and so on, but it takes longer to dry and especially towels tend to gain an integrated body scrub function, if you know what I mean...

But anyway, after that was done I did some baking - rolls for the Sunday breakfast and whole grain spelt bread. And I have special plans for the smaller round breads which don't look so small in the picture, I realize. Keep you posted...


We had only little cake because after the holidays we were somehow overfed with sweet stuff. And as I made a large portion of beef goulash on Saturday which is even better the next day, I had only some re-heating to do for Sunday dinner. Very convenient!

Due to the mixed weather during the weekend I had the opportunity to check my fabric stash for one topic of my to do list - the bibs for my colleague's little one. Unfortunately I had only few scraps of cotton which is not a good starting point, I would say. But I detected a recognizable pile of Softshell. I already used it for a hooded jacket for myself and a raincoat for Else and I hope, no drama llamas are still up to date.

And if the fabric parts are large enough I intend to sew a baby jacket. A matching separable zipper and black stretch fabric for the wristbands and a little hat I have on hand. But first I have to print the pattern and check if I have sufficient fabric. The material is ideal for such a jacket because it is rainproof on the outside and soft and cuddly on the inside. Thus you don't need hemming or lining. Meanwhile I learned that the fleece layer releases microplastics during washing but I didn't know that when I bought it in 2017 or so. Throwing it away would be silly, and there are very tight knitted nets you can use in the washing machine to prevent that. Moreover these Softshell jackets don't need washing very regularly - just buffing is fine :-)

On top I found a few jersey scraps, and instead of making bibs I sewed some stuffies - not as practical but at least as cute: a dino, an elephant and a crackling sun. All three very lightweight and adorned with small knickknacks little baby fingers can fiddle with.


Have a good start into the week!



No comments:

Post a Comment