Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Spring is in the Air!

 Hi, Y'all!

Yesterday was first day of spring (at least calendar-wise; I think meteorologically the beginning of spring was earlier). Anyway, it's about time to decorate accordingly. If you are into that kind of thing, that is. If not, who cares how your home is decorated? But as I like to decorate seasonally, let me show you what I made. 

First I crocheted some nice little bunnies around some curtain rings. You could use them as napkin rings but also hang them to some twigs (or better: branches - as these guys are made from metal, they are pretty heavy). 


You can make them lighter by taking some flower wire as basis instead of curtain rings, just like that: 


And while we're speaking of makramee: Please find my door wreath with a bunny made of zip ties. Hubby complains that it reminds him of something completely different, but then I'm irritated by the fluffy bunny tail :-)))


A while ago these geometrical shapes became trendy and thus I had to try it myself. Simply printing a nice picture was too boring, and so I printed some nice picture (you don't say...) but then transferred all crossing points with a needle onto some cardstock. And then I connected all these crossings with some soft white thread. Looks like this: 



After all these different techniques I can't leave out my sewing machine, and so I made some chickies - very fitting for spring, if you ask me. I took a lot of fabric scraps, cut off trouser legs and bed sheets, colored the beads for the feet with red nail polish and used some wiggly eyes I had in my stash for years. I love to use what I have - I prefer that over buying something new. And besides some bird sand I used to fill the birdies, I did just that. Besides, I heard that you can fill these chicken with cat litter, and when you put them into your car it prevents your windows from getting foggy. I didn't test it because first I trust in the heating of our car and second was the cat litter to rough for my fabric. The bird sand is much smoother.  

And here is my whole flock of chicks in all colors and sizes: :








And that's how they're sitting around just so - very suitable, because today is international day of lazyness!

Stay safe and sane, Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment