Friday, January 22, 2021

Heading to new shores!

Hi, Y'all!

This is what our home looks like right now: 

Therefore, I might get quiet online, because it will get hectic offline, I suppose... Wednesday morning the moving van will arrive at our house, and then it will become official! Until then I have to play Tetris with cardboard boxes, try to declutter and will ask myself many times, if a thing makes me happy or if I have to gracefully thank for its service and throw it in the bin afterwards...

What I learned so far: Marie Kondo and me definitely won't be besties; minimalism isn't my cup of tea! Without decoration it's pretty bare, and these empty spaces aren't liberating but uncomfortable. Of course, it felt good to let go of unneccessary knickknack, but without anything it feels also weird, somehow. 

But between all that boxes and packing stuff, you have to eat, right? Therefore, I'd like to show you my latest veggie experiment:


Officially, it's called "Börek", but I guess, it's not genuine turkish anymore. What have I done? I took store-bought Yufka dough (which is the low-fat little sister of puff pastry) and placed it on a sheet pan. Between the thin layers of dough I alternatingly put layers of diced Feta cheese and a mixture of yoghurt, egg, olive oil and garlic. The last layer was yoghurt, and I topped it with a seed mix for salads (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pine seeds etc.), because I was out of sesame seeds.  

In combination with an iceberg lettuce it was awesome, and you can eat it either fresh from the oven or cold - it's both delicious. 


Oh, and by the way: yesterday I received the confirmation that our new kitchen will be installed on 11 and 12 February. That means, for two weeks we have to amuse ourselves with one-pot dishes and delivery hero. I look forward to experimenting and reporting to you afterwards. 

Please keep your fingers crossed for our moving adventure and enjoy your time!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment