Friday, December 18, 2020

Think Pink!

Hi, Y'all!


Long time no see, no blogpost, no third candle - what's up?  Well, guys, get yourselves comfortable, enjoy some nice booze...


In this case liqueur - you can't go wrong with that! Hubby and I are living in hectic times right now - organizing our Magdeburg move, remotely ordering a custom kitchen, selling redundant garden furniture on craigslist - all that keeps us pretty busy. Thus my heart wasn't in for a blogpost. And then I couldn't post about this year's Christmas presents because people on the receiving end do read this here... But I will write about it - pinky promise!

In case you're wondering what that scarlet liquid is - hot love liqueur! No worries, although it's for adults only, it's no aphrodisiac, just yummy. In Germany we have a fancy red tea aromatized with vanilla and raspberries and it's called "Heiße Liebe" - hot love, and that's what it's all about. You prepare the tea strongly with boiling water and rock candy and let that sit over night. Then add some secret ingredients and lots of brown rum and your done - nice instaworth picture included!

And while we're at it - here is another picture in matching color: 


10 years ago, hubby and I made a mini-break - destination south. Originally we wanted to visit my parents in the west, but they had so much snow (even in the plain Rhineland area) that it didn't make sense to drive there. Thus we jumped in the Alfa Romeo and showed him his origin :-) We went to Verona, Milan and Genoa and topped all this with two days in Venice. It was awesome, and for the first night we had dinner in our hotel in Verona, and we had a superbdelicious risotto with red wine. It was so awesome that I never thought I could repeat it and never dared to cook it myself. 

But somehow it came into my mind a few days ago, and I just tried it. I admit I have some experience in risotto making, because leek risotto is one of my standard dishes, and I even tested risotto with coconut milk, curry and shrimps. And as the risotto hat a nice pinkish color, I prepared the salad dressing with my homemade crema di balsamico and yoghurt - pretty in pink, I'd say. And guess what? Red wine risotto will appear definitely more frequently on our menu! 

And now, I'll shut down my computer - vacation will start on Monday and will last until the first week of January.

Enjoy yourselves, enjoy your holidays with all your loved ones - merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment